Saturday, September 1, 2012

Aug 29, 2185 - 2216

Hang on!  It's another roller coaster trail today.  Early in the day there was a wicked long climb up to 4000 feet.  Just a lot of up and down.  I caught up to Last Minute, Grit, and Anchor Man and hiked with them for awhile.  Then I caught up to the Three Caballeros and hiked with them for a few miles.  It was really great to see them again.  They're fun, intelligent guys and I hadn't seen them since the Sierras.  The green tunnel finally opened up as the trail climbed and got a few views.  It's been cloudy and cool.  Good hiking weather.  I was starting to feel tired and losing energy when I came upon trail magic.  There were two buckets labled 'PCT hikers' on the side of the trail.  Inside were fritos, pretzels, and chocolate.  A bag of pretzels and a twix bar later and I was energized again.  It worked better than caffeine.  I met three ladies on the trail who were section hiking.  They were friendly and enthusiastic and I really enjoyed talking to them.  I'm camped tonight with a couple I just met, Ripple and Peregrine.  They started the 16th of April.  I did 31 miles today by 530.  I got cold when I stopped to rest so my breaks were short.  Walking.  Comfortable.  Sitting.  Here.  I set up camp early and it is nice to relax in camp.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment