Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sep 14, 2158 - 2180 Stehekin

I've been seeing a lot of furry creatures that resemble marmots but I'm not convinced they are.  They hang out in the rocks and talus slopes.  I got up early this morning because I hoped to catch the 3:00 shuttle to Stehekin and get to the PO before it closed.  As I was rolling up my tent I noticed a hole in the side.  Turns out a creature was after my food and took a bite out of my tortillas.  It must not have liked it because it only took one bite.  I patched it up with duct tape.  The trail was fast and easy so I made good time.  It basically descended down down down to the valley at 1500 feet.  But not before giving me a couple last views of the mountains.  Then it was just green and wet.  My knee gave out and I can feel parts moving around.  I told it to work cause we were almost there.  And it did.  I will have to ice it and tape it though.  I made the shuttle!  Last Minute, Grit, and a lot of other hikers got off it.  It was so great to see them!  I've missed being with other hikers.  It's been a long, lonely stretch.  I met some great people on the shuttle.  Dayhikers and fishermen.  I hung out with them after I got my resupply box.  One guy had an extra knee support wrap that he gave me.  It'll get me to Canada.  I'm told the bakery is as good as advertised.  So I'll stop there in the morning on my way back to the trail.  The hotel was full so I'm camping in a small campground.  But it has showers and bathroom.  Stehekin is a cool place and the lake is beautiful.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment