Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sep 16, 2594 - 2620

I am thrilled and wowed by what I am walking through.  This is my favorite section of WA I think.  All rocky peaks.  It reminds me a little of southwest mountains.  I met a couple of fun girls, Lauren and Claire, who I had lunch with.  They are camping here with me too.  So my knee is in bad shape and the climbs are slow.  The pain is not constant but when it hits its excruciating.  It feels like it wants to collapse.  It's swollen. Harts pass is 10 miles away so I'll evaluate when I get there in the morning.  After looking at the elevation profile for the rest of the hike though, I am hopeful.  It's not terrible.  I've been thinking today that there aren't always guarantees and not everything is certain.  That's where faith and hope come in.  But I want to try to not take anything or anyone for granted.  Life is wonderful.  And I am grateful that I've been able to hike this summer and meet so many awesome people.  So I will make good decisions tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment