Saturday, September 1, 2012

Aug 31, 2148 - 2182

This morning as I was hiking, inspiration struck.  I know what my book will be.  It feels right and I'm super excited about it.  There were a,lot of great views of Mt Ranier this morning.  It and the surrounding peaks poked out of tbd clouds like islands in a sea.  So awesome.  I saw a lot of hikers today including Atlas.  I'm happy he is still hiking.  He'd gotten off trail for an injured foot.  At lunch time I hit trail magic.  A Mountain Dew is a great energy boost.  And it was ice cold!  I entered the Goat Rocks Wilderness this afternoon.  I've been looking forward to it all summer.  I've wanted to hike it for at least three years.  It's got forest, meadows covered in wildflowers, waterfalls, and rocky peaks.  I climbed over Cispus pass.  There were snow patches on and off the trail.  It was fantastic.  I'm camped at 6000 feet on a flat area overlooking a canyon.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Keep flying!!! Can't wait to hear about the book idea. :). Cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete