Saturday, May 12, 2012

Big Bear

Zero Days are so nice.  Not just for the rest, but also for the social part.  You get to see other hikers, some who you haven't seen for awhile, and catch up. Backup made it into town today.  I was happy to see her as I had felt bad leaving her behind and alone.  Her shin splints ate doing a lot better.

I went crazy at the grocery store and bought a bunch of veggies and lettuce blends, spinach, cheese, cooked chicken strips, and dressing.  I made a huge salad with it & had a salad party outside my room.  Everyone devoured it, it was awesome.  I found out that the animal cages on the trail are for animals used in movies.  They have other animals besides the bears.  Their animals were used In the recent movie "we bought a zoo."

I've a tenth of the trail completed.  Repeat for 9 more times & I'm in Canada.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment