Thursday, May 3, 2012

127.1 - 144

It was windy last night at Mike's ranch and I woke up to blowing mist & clouds.  I got off to a rough start.  Most of my water leaked out, I forgot my trekking poles & had to run back for them, my filter broke, I couldn't find the water tank to refill, and Moonshine & Photo Finish took off.  Needless to say as I hiked up the mountain in my raingear after finally getting it together, I was upset.  I had my first big cry.  But then I topped the ridge of combs peak & I saw blue sky!  I was above the clouds. This is what I saw.  Beautiful.  I was smiling again. I soon caught up to my hiking partners & all is well.  We did another 17 miles today!  We're camping on a beautiful ridge in a boulder field. The boulders & trees block the wind & the ground is sandy & soft.  Best campsite yet!  Can't find the picture. So instead here is a picture of a water cache.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

  1. I don't need the picture. I see it. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Allen. Your words are picture enough. Hike safe!

    ReplyDelete