Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tehachapi Zero

It's been a great day.  I got my resupply boxes sorted out. I rested. I iced my feet & tendon.  I'm feeling good now.  It's been another reunion day as hiker friends came in, including Hee Haw & Malpractice.  I was happy to see them, especially since Malpractice has been having feet trouble.   Atlas, a hiker who started with me & who I haven't seen since day 3 showed up.  He rented a car and has been shuttling hikers to/from the trail.  We bought some water after dinner and cached it up trail.  Otherwise we'd have to carry 25 steep miles worth of water.  I'm excited to be in range of the Sierras.  In catching up to my itinerary too.  I've been 3 days behind but should get to Kennedy Meadows at planned time.

One thing that is really cool about the trail is how hikers really look out for each other.  Good people, hikers. A funny note, we walked over a mile and a half on roads to the post office this morning.  Only to discover we could have taken a short cut across the grass and railroad tracks making it 3/4 of a mile instead.  Guess which way we walked back?  Yes I can walk 30 miles on the trail, but one mile in town?  Ride please!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment: