Friday, May 4, 2012

Thu May 3, mile 144 - 162.6

We lost Moonshine yesterday. She didn't show up in camp & we were concerned.  So we were VERY happy to see her this morning on hwy 74 walking back to the trail from Paradise Valley Cafe.  The cafe is a mile off trail on the way to Idyllwild.  Thoughts of a huge breakfast hurried our feet the 8 miles to it.  The plan was to hitch into town.  But after a delicious breakfast, feeling revived, and it being a beautiful day, we decided to hike on.  Our first 20 mile day!  18 trail miles & 2 off trail miles. Tomorrow evening we'll make it to Idyllwild via a short side trail.  I'm proud of us for putting off a shower & laundry for 2 more days.

We hiked a lot more up and entered the mountains.  No more desert!  Just cold, windy nights now.  I want to talk about food.  I'm not eating enough & I've lost weight.  I will do better.  I'm happy to report that my first home dehydrated meal was delicious.  It wasn't spoiled.  I had a simple dinner one night of rice, black pepper and a wedge of laughing cow cheese mixed in.  For energy Ive found dried mango works great.  And Jelly Belly energy beans are awesome!  Thanks to Darlene, Mike, & Cassie for sending them to me.  Camped tonight in a beautiful shaded spot by a spring. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment