Monday, May 7, 2012

Mile 191-Ziggy & the Bear 211

It took 15 miles & 8000 feet of elevation loss to get to the desert floor.  Then another 5 miles of postholing through hot desert sand.  By the time I got to the I 10 underpass I was beat up, tired, & thirsty.  There was trail magic there! 3 coolers of soda, water, & beer.  I was so happy.  A can of Pepsi never tasted so good.  Another mile after the bridge brought us to trail angels Ziggy & the Bear.  They came out of the house with a foot bath of hot water % Epson salt.  Later on there was a salad & icecream.  It's unbelievable.  This couple are older, & have been helping hikers for years.  I got my 2nd resupply box & they're mailing a bounce box to Big Bear for me.  They rock!  Two more milestones today - I hit the 200 mile mark & finished section B.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really great trip Lisa!

    Later,


    Neil Caldwell

    ReplyDelete