Friday, May 18, 2012

Mile 357 - 377

I have come through my close encounter with poodle dog bush unscathed.  No rash has appeared.  My feet are doing great too.  They don't hurt anymore and after 2 days of hiking I have no new blisters.  So yay for my new shoes.

I am now hiking in the Angeles Forest.  This morning the sunrise was beautiful and I could look down into the cloud covered valley below.  I really like being back up high and in the trees.  I hiked again with Hee Haw and Clark Kent, and Easy Miles.  Clark Kents name has been changed to Malpractice.  Hee Haw and Malpractice went down to Wrightwood to resupply.  So now its just Easy Miles and I again.  We only did 20 miles today.  We had time to go further, but there were no places ahead to camp.  We are camped a mile from Mt Baden Powell, another infamous mountain.  In wetter years snow can be a real issue on it.  The sun is setting and its a gorgeous one.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a beautiful place! The view is stunning. I hope you have time to soak up all that beauty while you hike. And I am sooo impressed with how much you put in on any given day. We took our little Pathfinder group hiking in Fundy this weekend. They were exhausted after doing 7.2k with day packs. It was very rough terrain, steep, rocky, lots of tree roots, wet spots, etc. Still, shows how fit you must be to take on an adventure like this!

    ReplyDelete