Monday, May 28, 2012

Mile 523 - Mile 549.5

Today I crossed the Mojave desert section of the PCT.  It was lots of dirt road walking alongside the LA aqueduct.  This area is very windy and so there are a lot of wind farms with their tall white windmills.  We finally left the aqueduct behind and headed up into the Tehachapi foothills.  I am so lucky!  I could not have timed it better.  There wasn't much wind blowing sand around, the temperature was in the high 70s, and so I was able to hike through the afternoon.  It was easier than the start from Campo.  In fact when I stopped in Tyler Horse canyon for lunch I got cold.  And this is the Mojave!  I hiked today with Argentina and Moss.  Moss is a girl from Massachusetts.  I also caught up to Easy Miles, but he's on a different schedule now and wanting some solitude.  I've been feeling the need for some solitude myself.  I need Lisa time.  Or should I say Black Hawk time.  I'm also really feeling the need for a full zero day with no hiking.  My body is sore and tired, including my left Achilles tendon.  I want to be strong when I get to the Sierras and Tehacapi is the last town stop prior to Kennedy Meadows.  I'm really happy to be hiking with good people.  The plans are to rendezvous in Tehachapi with Easy Miles.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment