Friday, May 11, 2012

Mile 242 - 266 Big Bear City

24 miles! A first. Made it to Big Bear City.  The trail was easy walking, nothing steep so we made good time.  It amazes me though how in one day of walking I can go from the desert heat to the mountain cold.  I had to wear all my layers while breaking camp this morning.  The trail went through pine forest, back into high desert, then back into forest.  And I saw not one, but two grizzly bears!  They were in cages near the trail at a ranch.  I've been in good spirits.  It was such a nice day to be walking, the views were as awesome as ever, & the temp was cool.  I made Easy Miles stop at an overlook and yell really loud with me.  Coming into town we got a ride by a really nice lady named Lori.  She dropped us at the Nature Inn and I saw Power Nap, Bobcat, & LB again.  That was great.  The inn was full so we came down to the motel 6.  I had a yummy burrito for dinner.   So Friday I will zero here & get errands done.  Sat at 10 am my friend Michelle is coming out.  She's going to hike a few miles with me.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! You look great!!!!! I'm enjoying reading about your PCT experience. You sound stronger and more sure about yourself in every post. Right on! Stay safe, good luck ahead, Joanna

    ReplyDelete