Saturday, May 5, 2012

Zero Day in Idyllwild

I sure needed this zero.  Idyllwild is a cool mountain town that welcomes hikers.  Everywhere around town are signs that say 'welcome PCT hikers' and businesses give us discounts.  San Jacinto state park is here.  There is world class rock climbing and of course great hiking.

It's nice to have clean clothes again.  Water is scarce on the trail and can't be wasted on washing either me or my clothes.  I'm glad I have wet wipes!  So after days on the trail, I stink!  And my clothes get filthy.  Which is why we are called 'hiker trash.'

I doctored my chafed hips and blistered toes and I bought toe socks.  Hopefully this will help my feet.  The chafing has been resolved by making some adjustments in my pack.  Photo Finish and I will head out tomorrow (Sunday, May 6) and plan to continue hiking together at least as far as Big Bear.  It's good to have a partner as there are some tricky passes ahead with snow.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment