Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mile 478 Andersons - 503

What a day!  Got up at the crack of dawn & made tracks.  We stopped at a coffee shop for coffee & tea, then hitched to the trail.  It rained during the night and was cold, windy & misty when we got up.  The cooler temps allowed us to hike faster and all day which was awesome. 

This memorial weekend there are two big events happening.  One is my Aunt Sally's 80th birthday.  To celebrate my family is having a big reunion in Bowling Green, KY.  I wish I could be there.  Happy Birthday Sally, I love you!  The second event is the annual Fresno United Country Western Dance Council and West Coast Swing dance event and competition.  It's put on by Steve Zener, who does a fantastic job. I have a lot of friends there, and one of them, Darlene Dubert, is competing.  She is competing Pro Am Intermediate with dance instructor extraordinaire Mike Eads.  I know she'll do great.

Well it has been cold & windy all day and it is currently snowing.  It's snowing on my tent!

We hit a big milestone today and to celebrate we made a little video. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. You sound terrific. The dance wasn't bad either, are those Capezio hiking boots?

    ReplyDelete