Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tuesday Mile 212 - 226

Today Easy Miles & I were joined by Backup.  I hadn't seen her since before Julian.  She developed shin splints & could no longer keep up with her friends Buster & Grit.  It was fun having her along.  We entered the San Gorgonio Wilderness area.  These mountains are different than the Jacintos.  There are no pine trees.  Just shades of brown with dots of green.  The highlight of the day was the Whitewater preserve.  It's a fish hatchery and park.  There were picnic tables & shady trees.  I had been feeling really fatigued so I took a nap.  But the best was the pool of water built from the nearby river.  We sat & laid in it.  So great all that cold water in the heat of the day.  It's these little miracles that spur me along.  So great.  We left Backup there.  She is keeping her mileage low for now.  Easy Miles & I hiked on another 8 miles to camp near Mission creek.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment