Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mile 503 - 523

Brr.  I woke up to cold.  My energy bars and the water in my drinking tube were frozen.  I hiked out with every bit of clothing on.  I even put my sleep socks over top my polartec gloves. 

At mile 518 there is another rest stop for hikers called hiker town.  It's made up of several buildings styled like an old time village.  A lounge area with shower & kitchen is set up in a garage.  There were puppies everywhere.  They were cute.  I was excited to get here because I had plans to meet friends Karen & Barry Drake.  It worked out too!  We drove into Lancaster and went to In & Out Burger.  They took me to a pharmacy too so I could get eye drops.  I have a red right eye but I don't think its an infection.  It was so nice to spend time with friends on this holiday weekend.  We had fun catching up.  After they left I hiked on for another 5 miles.  Easy Miles left earlier so I'm on my own again.  However I'm camping here with Argentina.  I've been having trouble with my trekking poles and they are essential for setting up my tent.  Last night was kind of the last straw cause I was freezing, it was starting to snow & get dark, and I needed to get my tent up quickly.  I couldn't get it up til I fixed my pole.  So, thanks sis Karin for ordering new ones for me!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

  1. I bet you had that burger "Animal Style" maybe the fries as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pic where you are photobombed by a chicken.
    That place looks groovy.

    ReplyDelete