Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mile 335 - 342 Cajon Pass

I went to sleep last night with Hee Haws music in my ears and woke up feeling good.  My feet hurt, but with only 7 miles to go and food waiting, I didn't mind.  I took the time to make tea, only to spill it trying to save a long legged bug.

It's so much fun hiking with Clark Kent (Minnesota) & Hee Haw!  We laugh, joke, tell stories, and this morning make up songs about food.

We were hiking to where there was Subway, McDonalds, Del Taco.  Normally I don't like fast food bit burning 4000+ calories a day makes everything look good.  It's liberating being able to eat as much as I want and more.

Clark Kent was walking behind me and said I walk the way the 'experts' say to walk, by toe striking first and smaller steps.  He said I move fast without looking like I'm walking fast.  He wanted to know where I learned it, if it was natural or if I had to think about it.  Well I had no idea I had good form, I just walk.  But after thinking about it, the lightbulb went on.  Dance lessons!  All that work on being forward weighted and over my center and balanced paid off.  Thanks Mike Eads!  You didn't realize you were teaching me how to backpack now did you?!

When we got to I15 there was a trail sign 'McDonalds .4 miles' and an arrow.  We laughed so hard.  We ate breakfast at McDs.  It was 930 and guess who showed up?  Easy Miles!  I caught up to him.  He'd gotten in last night.  The 4 of us are splitting a suite at the Best Western.  It has 3 beds and a pullout.  We rented a car and drove 20 minutes to an REI.  So awesome.  I got shoes!  I got the same Brooks Cascadia bit I went up to a size 8.  The shoe lady said they were short for the sizing.  My old shoes were size 7.  My normal size is 6.  Ahh, so nice, happy happy feet.

I did the usual shower and laundry show, and got my resupply boxes and a care package from my sis Karin.  Yay!

Now a little hot tub, pool, more food.  Sigh of bliss and contentment and I will be ready to hike now that I have shoes.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment