Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wed mile 226 - 242

I met a mother daughter team today.  Heather and Monkey are from Bishop, CA.  Monkey is 8.  She loves pink, carries a stuffed monkey, & is very talkative and energetic.  I'm impressed.  We got back into the San Bernardino forest and left the desert behind.  I like the pine trees a lot better than the scrub brush.  I'm hoping to make it to Big Bear City Thursday night.  It will mean hiking 24 miles tomorrow but it looks like it will be easy trail.  My friends the Hansens are going to meet me there.  Really excited about that.

Easy Miles keeps losing stuff.  Yesterday he lost a bag full of items, today he lost his knife.  He's got a good attitude about it but will have to replace it.  I discover a new blister every time I take my socks off.  So I'm going shoe shopping in Big Bear.  Cowgirl camping again - the moon has been so bright at night its been waking me up.  It's pretty cool though.

We met a hiker who is quitting the trail. He had just reached his limit & was done.  Quite a few hikers have quit for various reasons.  Easy Miles & I made a pact that if either one of us feels like quitting we will call the other person first.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment